Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 22 Update! And, its not about me...

22 Days until the photo shoot!

Exercise
Boot camp (50 minutes)

Eating
5:30am Pre-workout energy boost ½ cup fresh squeezed OJ, 2 TBSP of Gelatin, ½ cup h2o
7:30am 1/2 frozen banana, 4 strawberries, ¾ cup almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder (18g protein), ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
11:30 am Green Salad and Mary's Shrimp and Tomatoes
2:00pm Banana and almonds
5:00pm Green salad grape tomatoes, onions, and drizzle of EVOO and red wine vinegar, 1 cup Turkey Chili (with black beans)
8:30pm 3 oz baked chicken breast and 1/2 cup of Crystal's Sweet Potato Delight

Drinking
144 oz h20
1 cup fresh squeezed oj
3/4 cup almond milk

How I feel today:
Today I had a good moment in boot camp and I realize, more than ever, that its not about me. I was able to encourage someone else to keep going. There is a new lady who attends boot camp and today we were paired as partners. I saw my old self in her: determined to transform her life but going through the initial pain of a new start. Several times throughout the 50 minute session she wanted to quit, but we (the other boot campers and I) would not let her quit and go to the side. At the end of our session, we all encouraged her and I told her "when I started I couldn't do a burpee. Although I hate burpees, I can do about 20 now." We told her you will get stronger and the amazing thing is that you will see it. You will look back a month or three months from now and be amazed at what you can do. She left encouraged, so I know I'll be seeing her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment