“Put some yellow in your life when you want:
- clarity for decision-making
- relief from 'burnout', panic, nervousness, exhaustion
- sharper memory and concentration skills,
- protection from lethargy and depression during dull weather.”
Inspired by what at first was a simple fashion decision to make yellow my color of the summer, I did a little research and decided that "yellow" is a place and state of being. So, an excerpt from a note I wrote on FB:
On Living Life in the Yellow: India.Arie’s “Yellow” is a song about the effect love has on a person. For me, living life in the Yellow, is about much more than romantic love. For me, life in the yellow is about brightness, happiness, intellectual fervor, wisdom, spirituality, and yes, love.
Living life in the yellow is about being open because when you live in this way, people are naturally attracted to your brightness. Feel free to bask in my yellowness but please know:
- God resides in my Yellow space and the Trinity is the source of its brightness.
- Me getting to the yellow has been a process. Me staying in the yellow is one too.
- If you visit my yellow place, only bring beautiful and bright things: Flowers, words, lyrics, melodies, love, care, concern,music, laughter, good food, openness, genuine respect, friendship, esteem.
- Don’t bring your negativity. I’m trying hard enough to rid my space of my own negativity, I refuse to combat yours too.
- Your views are your views, but please know that I do not tolerate any form of oppression: racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism, classism, elitism, etc. My spirit just can’t handle it.
- In that same vein, in my yellow place, we have conversations, we do not debate. Debating makes us take sides and try to persuade others of the rightness of our own cause. There is little room for compromise because there is only one winner in a debate. In a conversation, we both have the ability to work toward common solutions to the issues that matter most to us.
- If you cross my yellow space and I think you are beautiful, I am going to let you know. So many in people in the world yearn to be told that they are beautiful, but nobody ever does. I want to start a revolution.
- To the contrary, if you actions are not beautiful, I will let you know. You should let me know if mine aren’t either. In a loving, yellow sort-of-way, of course.
- As I have lived my life, I have come to realize that my spirit recognizes kindred spirits and connections. I can discern, early on, a person’s nature and my spirit always clues me into who I should enter relationships with. So far, this discernment has never been wrong. If you enter my yellow space and I discern a connection, I will try my hardest to cultivate a relationship. Time is too short and we are put into each other’s lives for a reason and a season.
- In a FB note that I wrote on my 25th birthday, I wrote that I had yet to take a huge risk. Well, that is partly still true. Risk-taking is hard for me because I am so afraid of failure and rejection. Well, in this new yellow-space, I am going to work on taking risks. If I fail or am rejected, I believe that the beauty and brightness of life in the Yellow will heal me.